Swoosh! There it went, like a deadline passing by. The most useful feature of gmail labs, auto reply-all, has disappeared =/
My friends* over at the Endwarfment camp just got the first review of their “Paralympic Sessions” album published, and the bastard gave them 1 out of 10(!). Now, that was uncalled for, dude, I’d say that the album deserves at least 1.5/10.
Anyhow, I urge you to support your local Dwarfcore scene, get your act together, and buy ”Handicapitation”, “The Paralympic Sessions” and “World Downsfall” now (or cry later).
*I’m really their støttekontakt – don’t tell anyone
Internet Explorer displays XML in a pretty decent manner. Today I figured I would use the same engine to display XML in a .NET 2.0 application. So I dropped a WebBrowser control on to a form, and assigned my XML string to the DocumentText property. Voila? Of course not.
After some digging, I found that IE uses a built-in XSLT-transform to present XML as HTML in the browser. The stylesheet in question is available from the following uri in IE: res://msxml.dll/defaultss.xsl. Ok then, so one can just save this string, and use it in .NET? Not quite. As it turns out, the XSL that IE uses is not compatible with .NET’s XslCompiledTransform class. D’oh!
After some more digging, it turns out that Steve Muench has done the conversion to the XSLT 1.0 REC that .NET requires. Thanks, man! The file can be downloaded here.
I added the following code to my WebBrowser base class, to allow developers to display XML by setting a property:
public XmlDocument DocumentXml
Stream s = <defaultss.xsl from embedded resource file>
XmlReader xr = XmlReader.Create(s);
XslCompiledTransform xct = new XslCompiledTransform();
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
XmlWriter xw = XmlWriter.Create(sb);
this.DocumentText = sb.ToString();
Turned out kind of neat in the end, huh?
This band’s fantastic rendition of classic tunes such as “Eg ser du har det vondt” og “Skitne lille pige” are too good to miss.
“The Slowboat Society (!!) exists of hobos, sailors and lowlife scum on trygd, mostly from Norway, most of them in gruesome bands when not sailing the Boatthrone of Slowboat. The exception is Sissy Fish -she’s just a mermaid of hope in a boat full of Sødme og Skam.”
If you have been using Visual Studio 2005 and data adapters in the designer, I bet the following error message have caused you quite a lot of grief:
“Could not retrieve the current project”
Some days ago, I found a solution that seems to work every time: select the data adapter in the designer, bring up its property page, edit the connection string, and then change it back again, and voila – the missing project is back! I suspect that it is not the connection string itself that does the magic, but rather that I am configuring some other component that probably is in a more “stable” state, and hence is able to restore whatever link that has been lost to the current project.